Programs & Services for Parents of
English Language Learners
As a requirement under Title III funding, the Harrisburg School District provides programs and services directed toward parents of English Language Learners. These programs and services enable parents and guardians to further support the education of their children. Through targeted language based programs, parents develop literacy skills to enhance communication between home and school.
- Math & Reading Strategies
- Writing Workshops
- Parenting Classes
- Finance Classes
- Computer Classes
- Adult ESL Classes
- GED Preparation
- Job Readiness
- Parent Support for school and district meetings
- Linking Parents & Community Services
- Life Skills
- American School’s Policies and Procedures
- Others as needed
ESL PARENT ADVISORY TEAM
Parent Involvement is a key component of the programs & services for parents of English Language Learners. We encourage parents to get involved in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of our Title III Program. We welcome parents to be part of the ESL Parent Advisory Team. We want to provide leadership and learning opportunities for our ESL parents.
If you are interested to be part of the team, please contact Nicauris Rosario at 717-703-4148 or email@example.com.
Many of our families require support in their native language. Through Language Line Services©, we offer over the phone interpretation in more than 170 languages.
If you are in need of interpretation services for parent meetings, please contact your school secretary.
- Build relationships with local community partners and work collaboratively to provide resources to our second language families.
- Provide leadership and training to the ESL Parent Advisory Team.
- Offer free classes and workshops that will expand the acculturation skills of our second language families.
- Offer classes or informational meetings that will help second language parents better understand the curriculum and support their student.
- Offer informational meetings to help parents understand processes, procedures, protocols and programs across the district.
- Offer second language families an interpreter at parent meetings, IEPs and other events.
ESL Parent Liaison